All times are Mountain Time unless noted.
- December 6. Grant County Social Services is sponsoring an Angel Tree. The tree helps put presents under the tree for children who might not otherwise receive gifts during the holiday season. Angel Tree locations are Double R Meats in Carson, 1st International Bank and Trust in Elgin and Dakota Community Bank in New Leipzig. Donors can select a tag, purchase a gift for that child, wrap the gift, place the tag on the package and return it to Grant County Social Services office in Carson by December 17.
- December 12. The Elgin/New Leipzig School Board will meet at the school at 6:00 pm.
- December 13. Elgin Lions Christmas Party will be held in the Banquet Room of Our Place Cafe in Elgin. Start time is 7:00 pm.
- December 13. Movie Night. Roosevelt Public School in Carson. 6:00 pm CT.
- December 20. Flasher FFA Labor Auction following the basketball game in the Flasher South Gym.
- December 24. CHRISTMAS EVE.
- December 25. CHRISTMAS DAY.
- December 31. NEW YEAR'S EVE.
- January 1, 2019. NEW YEAR'S DAY.