Three Rivers Human Service Zone - Carson Office
Pay Range: $18.78 to $21.91 per hour ($15.80 to $18.43 if underfilling as an Eligibility Worker Technician)
Summary of Work
The purpose of the Three Rivers Human Service Zone – Carson Office Economic Assistance Unit and this position is to assess, analyze, and determine initial and continued eligibility for applicants and recipient for a variety of assistance programs including: Health Care Coverage, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and Child Care Assistance Program
Essential Functions of this position include the following:
- Interpret complex state, federal and county policies.
- Interview applicants to gather information and determine individual needs.
- Inform applicants of available services and/or economic assistance.
- Inform applicants of rights and responsibilities related to the acceptance of services and/or economic assistance.
- Analyze applicant information.
- Perform accepted procedures for verification of data.
- Determine eligibility of applicants for economic assistance.
- Provide documentation relative to individual cases.
- Input data to appropriate computerized systems.
- Authorize expenditure of funds to eligible recipients.
- Provide on-going maintenance and eligibility determination of an assigned caseload.
- Complete administrative communications, reports, and records-keeping relating to assigned caseload.
NOTE: The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.
Admin Svcs IV/Eligibility Worker I
Eligibility Worker I requires the qualifications as listed for the “Eligibility Worker Technician level” below, PLUS one (1) year of work experience determining eligibility in a social service office in one of the following economic assistance Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Health Care Coverage, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), and Child Care Assistance Program.
Admin Svcs III/Eligibility Worker Technician Level
If no candidates meet the above requirements, the position may be filled with an Eligibility Worker Technician (4001). Minimum qualifications for Eligibility Worker Technician requires a high school diploma or GED PLUS one of the following:
- Three years of work experience in the clerical, financial, legal, or teaching fields
- Three years of a bachelor’s degree program (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours)
- Three years combined education and experience as listed above; or
- Completion of the Eligibility Worker Certification Program offered at Bismarck State College or formerly offered at Lake Region State College.
Computer literacy and regular attendance is required. A high level of verbal and written communication skills is also required.
Candidates must successfully complete a standard background and criminal record check
Requires three profession references to be included with the application. (A minimum of two references must be supervisory references.) Please include reference name, relation to applicant, and telephone number.
- Please make sure that your resume includes information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. Your work history will not be given credit if the Department’s Human Resource Division cannot determine that you meet the minimum qualifications.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Department of Human Services does not offer or provide sponsorships.
- All application material must be received by 11:59 pm on or before the closing date of May 21, 2021.
- A copy of your qualifying degrees transcript and any applicable certifications or licensures must be provided at the time of an interview.
The website to apply: https://www.nd.gov/working-nd/finding-job-and-building-career
For more information or if you need an accommodation, Please Contact: Brenda Peterson
Employing Unit: Three Rivers Human Service Zone - Carson Office
Telephone Number: (701) 667-3398
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments, please contact email@example.com or (701)328-3290.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.