Grant County Fire Emergency and Burn Ban Guidance
Grant County Fire Emergency and Burn Ban went into effect on May 2, 2018 and will remain until further notice. This burn ban is in effect when the North Dakota Rangeland Fire Danger Rating is in the High, Very High or Extreme category and/or a Red Flag Warning has been issued for Grant County. See map below for today’s rating.
What is banned?
- Starting fires in an unenclosed space, including burning of leaves, grass clippings, garbage pits, construction debris, fallen trees, crop residue or hay land, sloughs and bonfires
- Charcoal or wood-fired grills outside city limits*
- Screened patio fireplaces and chimineas outside city limits*
- Gas camp stoves and smokers outside city limits*
What is NOT banned?
- Starting fires in an enclosed space
- Gas camp stoves and smokers within the city limits*
- Gas, charcoal or wood-fired grills within city limits*
- Gas grills outside city limits*
*Cities include: Carson, Elgin, Leith, and New Leipzig.
Any burning within the restricted area during the imposed ban is considered a Class B Misdemeanor, (NDCC 37-17.1-10-.1) with a maximum sentence of 30 days in jail and a $1,500 fine.