This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.




What ID is required to vote?
* Driver's license

*Nondriver's identification card

*Tribal government issued identification (including those issued by BIA for a tribe located in North Dakota, any other tribal agency or entity, or any other document that sets forth the tribal member's name, date of birth, and current North Dakota residential address)

* Long term care identification certificate (provided by North Dakota facility)

Above information is from North Dakota's website.
How do I vote absentee?
All eligible voters who chose the mail-in ballot option for the General Election will receive their ballot in the mail. If an eligible voter wishes to vote absentee, please contact Grant County Auditor's office at 701-622-3275 or 701-622-3422.  Please take into consideration, if utilizing the mail system, the time from your request to have the application to be mailed to you, returning the application, having the ballot mailed to you and mailing the ballot back to the auditor's office.

Voters can return their ballots by mail to the county auditor’s office, by hand to the county auditor's office, or deposit the ballot at a secure mail ballot drop box location. GRANT COUNTY'S DROP BOX IS LOCATED IN FRONT OF THE COURTHOUSE AT 106 2nd AVE NE, CARSON.


PLEASE REQUEST A NEW BALLOT FROM AUDITOR OFFICE if you make an error.  Crossing out, scratching out, or use of white out will invalidate the ballot.

Regular Courthouse business hours are 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 12:30 PM to 4:00 PM, MT Monday thru Friday.
Where do I vote?

Grant County's in person polling locations can be found at the Courthouse in Carson (106 2nd Ave NE) and the Community Center in Elgin (305 Main St N).

Absentee or mail-in ballot questions? Please refer to the "How do I vote absentee?" section.
Who should I contact with further questions?
If you have any election questions, please contact Grant County Auditor Office at (701) 622-3275 or (701) 622-3422.